I have been creating folders online for as long as I can remember my career. I started in college because I needed to keep my courses separate from one another. Actually…it started earlier than that because before I was doing it on the computer, I was doing it in high school for my classes by having separate folders for each class and dividers to keep different parts of each class organized.
Yes I’ve always been this way!
You’re talking to the same person who drew a line down the middle of her notes , took notes in class and then went back later and took my own notes while I studied.
You’re talking to the person who used note cards to study for class!
So yes, I organize my emails.
God is funny like that because the skill was always in me, I’ve been an organizer my entire life! It’s been there, I just never knew what He had in store for me
But anyways, back to emails
This is my process for organizing emails
1)) Look through your emails to get an idea of what categories you might need
2) Start creating folders according to what you need. (Be careful not to get too specific because you will get into that later). For example:
3) Start dividing your emails according to the sections you chose above.
- Go through all of them!
- Set a schedule if you have a lot
As you go through your emails, make sure you are getting rid of the spam and junk you won’t need. Go ahead and unsubscribe from emails you haven’t even looked at in months. You can always go back!
5) Go back to your folders and categorize them
- You run the risk of getting confused if you don’t complete this step
- For example, Clients: You need to make sub folders for each client so you don’t get their emails mixed up!
You don’t have to but I normally do another layer for easy access, but that is totally up to you! At least you started!
Trust me, this will make your life SO much easier!
If you find this overwhelming, give me a call. This is an Add on service we have available to you for a low price at my business Living Faith Management and Consulting!
Go to our Services page to book a discovery call to ensure we are meeting all of your administrative needs!
Let us make your life easier, if you are open to it!
I hope this was helpful!
Until next time,